A Welcome to Our Newly Admitted Students
We warmly welcome you to the select group of scholars admitted to Harvard University's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
Should you accept our offer of admission, your fellow students will be some of the brightest and most creative of your generation, arriving from every continent and from more than 100 nations to form an exciting, congenial academic community where new perspectives are continually embraced. Membership in such a distinguished cohort is an enduring pleasure. We believe you can make no better choice for your graduate studies than Harvard's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
Steps to Respond to Offer of Admission
- Go to the online application page.
- Login using the username and password you created when you filled out your application. (If you forgot your username of password click the link "Forgot your User Name or Password?”)
- Click the link “Your application decision is now available online,” which will display your decision letter.
- In the body of that letter, click the link “electronic reply form.”
- Fill out the reply form and click “Proceed to submission.”
And save the date for fall term opening events:
- Orientation, on August 25, 2016 — An official welcome from Harvard's president and senior deans in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, followed by lunch in Harvard Yard and an afternoon resource fair at Dudley House, GSAS's one-of-a-kind graduate student center.
- Discover Dudley, on August 26, 2016 — an open house and party at Dudley House.
Get To Know GSAS
- Check out our news site to learn about student life and professional development at GSAS.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
|April 15, 2016||Reply to offer of admission due (please refer to your letter of admission)|
|April 15, 2016||Reply to offer of financial aid due|
|April 20, 2016||Priority deadline to enter GSAS housing lottery|
|May 16, 2016||Deadline to notify Accessible Education Office of special needs|
|May 16, 2016||Deadline to submit Financial Certification for Students Who Are Not U.S. Citizens Form|
|June 15, 2016||Medical forms due to Harvard University Health Services|
|Early July||Tuition bills emailed by Student Receivables Office|
|July 29, 2016||Hard-copy, official transcript(s) and proof of degree(s) due at GSAS Admissions|
|August 1, 2016||Fall tuition payment due|
|Mid August||Fall 2016 Registration begins (please see the Harvard FAS Registrar's website and click on the “GSAS Registration” tab at mid-page for more information)|
Important Information for Newly Admitted GSAS Students
- Academic Calendar
- Terms and Conditions of Acceptance
- Student Health Insurance Letter
- Harvard University Health Services Letter/Immunizations
- Policy on Financial Awards At GSAS
- Accessible Education Office
- GSAS Residence Halls
- Harvard University Housing Office
- GSAS Handbook
- Dudley House (the GSAS Student Center)
- Dudley Cafe (dining and meal plan information)
Attention, International Students
- Letter to International Students and Financial Certification Forms
- Harvard International Office
- Guides for New International Students
- Medical Care and Insurance for International Students
- Host Program for International Students
- Services and Resources for International Graduate Students
- Banking information: Harvard Credit Union, Cambridge Trust Company
Sources of Academic, Personal, and Professional Support at GSAS and Harvard
- Diversity at GSAS
- Writing Resources for GSAS Students
- The Bureau of Study Counsel
- The Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning
- The Office of Career Services
- Graduate Student Council
- Harvard Integrated Life Sciences (HILS)
- Harvard Graduate Women in Science and Engineering
- Harvard University Chaplains
- Harvard University Libraries
- LGBTQ Resources